15 Apr Why eCommerce Brands Must Focus on Mobile App (Re)engagement
As technological capabilities improve, our phones are taking center stage in more sectors of our lives. It seems we can do just about anything from a smartphone these days: order food and drink, arrange transportation and accommodation, get directions, chat, date. For many of us, our phones are our lives.
According to the Facebook/IDC Always Connected Survey, four out of five smartphone owners ages 18-44 check their phone within 15 minutes of waking up. Of those people, 80% check their phone immediately. Chances are you know somebody who does this. Maybe it’s you.
Apps help us organize our lives
What’s the first thing we see every morning when we look at our phones? Our notifications.
Apps govern the way we use our phones. Mobile users love multitasking: We can move between tasks quickly and intuitively through an accessible desktop of apps, all of which are integrated into a stream of notifications. The only alternative – tabbed mobile browsing – just doesn’t stack up, because tabs stack up, only to be cleared out when the clutter becomes overwhelming.
The consumer landscape is increasingly mobile-driven, and app customer experience is now a key differentiator that determines whether your brand is part of someone’s life or is a web-only afterthought.
Apps give brands staying power. Consider these stats:
(Re)engagement in a sea of apps
Those who have been paying any attention to the media landscape know that apps are increasingly important. But, what does this mean for today’s eCommerce companies?
A 2015 Google/Ipsos MediaCT survey reveals that 38% of users will download an app when it’s required for a purchase, and 50% of those users will uninstall it immediately afterwards.
This means that retailers need to harness all the strengths inherent in the app experience to bring better value to customers. With so many apps out there, re-engagement is key to keep customers coming back to your app once it is on their phone.
For example, to grab customers’ attention, use the power of notifications and personalization to share special offers and promotions that are most relevant to them.
Here’s a tweetable list of 8 reasons why customers choose apps over web, and how your business can leverage the capabilities of the app.
8 advantages of mobile apps over mobile web
- Mobile #apps make multitasking easier. Today’s users want to do more things at once, without juggling browser tabs. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps allow for better personalization, with better #CX through instant or more convenient authentication. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps give your brand more screen real-estate. Get browser address bars out of the way for a better #UX. Tweet This
- Users are tethered to their phones, and #apps make your brand a constant presence in customers’ lives. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps can harness the full processing power of today’s advanced devices to better serve customers. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps are proactive, not reactive like web. Notifications can tell users about sales or other promotions. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps let you take advantage of phone features such as camera and Bluetooth, which websites can’t access. Tweet This
- Mobile #apps allow for more device and access options. For example, set up a kiosk in your store with mobile chat. Tweet This
Here’s one way to make sure your company’s mobile app has robust, differentiated customer engagement:
Moxie Concierge, Moxie’s customer engagement suite, delivers a truly omnichannel solution with a unique blend of contextual information, email, and live chat capabilities, which empower chat agents to upsell or cross-sell in real time. Our product integrates seamlessly with any iOS or Android mobile app right out of the box.
Click the Concierge service bell on the bottom right of the screen to learn more, request a demo, or chat with a Moxie agent.