How much do people rely on their mobile devices in today’s world? Just take a look around at the Shop.org Digital Summit today, and you’ll see that “mobile” is everywhere. If you’re like me, one of the first things you do when you get up every morning is grab your mobile phone and check for emails and status updates on social networks, like Facebook and Twitter. Mobile devices are the hub of our daily digital communications. We use them for a variety of activities including communication, finding information, directions, and increasingly for shopping.
In the U.S., 75% of all mobile phones were smartphones by the end of 2014. By 2019, the percentage of smartphones is expected to jump to 95% according to Forrester Research. 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop. With consumers relying heavily on mobile devices, companies must rethink how they can engage with them effectively across all form factors (smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc.).
Today’s consumers expect to be able to engage with brands and services on any device, anytime, and anywhere with the least amount of friction. Online brands must be able to engage with consumers using a variety of digital channels to provide helpful information, answer questions quickly, and help consumers accomplish their goals.
Moxie is redefining how companies interact with customers online, and offers a flexible live chat solution for mobile websites AND a native chat solution for mobile applications. The Native Mobile Chat enables Moxie’s customers to embed chat in native apps, which facilitates engagement and communication with consumers.
At Shop.org today, Moxie (Booth #1238) is showcasing NEW mobile optimized features for native mobile chat that empower businesses to deliver on the new standards of mobile customer engagement.
Here’s what’s new:
- Native Chat – The native mobile SDK offers real-time chat with consumers on both iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Plug & Play/Minimal Integration – Pre-built, fully supported chat clients are available out of the box to facilitate rapid implementation with native apps, reducing deployment costs and providing faster ROI.
- Customizable Interface – Businesses can easily change the look and feel of the chat client to align with their native mobile app.
- In-App Agent Notifications – Consumers are notified of incoming messages from agents while they are shopping within the mobile app.
- Pre- Chat Questionnaire – Agents can collect information from consumers before engaging in a chat session to provide better, more personalized service.
- File Uploads – Pictures say a thousand words. Consumers can attach images, videos and files to provide additional context for agents during a chat.
Consumers live and work in a world where dependence on mobile devices drives decisions and purchases. The only way to stay ahead of the competition and increase customer retention and conversions is ensuring you seamlessly engage with consumers on their device of choice.
Find out more about Moxie Native Mobile Chat, and what it can accomplish for your business. Visit the Moxie Booth #1238 at Shop.org Digital Summit on October 5-7, 2015 in Philadelphia, PA.
Soofia Inayat is a senior product manager at Moxie, a leader in digital engagement across the customer decision journey.