Talisma (now Moxie) Powers Over 10 Million Chats Per Month With Astounding Results
Growing Preference for Chat Drives Large Interaction Volumes
Bellevue, WA – July 1, 2008 – Talisma® Corporation (www.talisma.com), an nGenera company and the leading Customer Interaction Management (CIM) software solution provider, today announced Talisma Chat now powers more than 10 Million chats per month with some customers reporting astounding results including:
- 30% increase in online sales volume
- 300% increase in repeat buyers
- 400% increase in agent productivity
“Talisma Chat now powers 4 of the largest commercial chat implementations in the world,” said Dan Vetras, President and CEO, Talisma Corporation. “The results being reported by our customers are truly impressive. These results are driven by the online consumer’s growing preference for chat as a communication channel.”
When a Fortune 100 company introduced Talisma Chat, a post‐chat survey of their customers found that prior to their chat interaction, greater than 75% of respondents listed the phone as their preferred contact method. After their chat interaction, over 70% listed chat as their preferred channel, while the phone fell to 20%.
According to Forrester’s March 2008 report The Design Of Chat Interactions by Adele Sage, customers appreciate the immediacy of chat interactions. When North American consumers who have used online chat were asked what they liked about chat interactions, consumers cited the following:
- I was able to speak to someone immediately (49%)
- The information I received from my rep was personalized to my situation (32%)
- I had a simple question that would have been a waste to call about over the phone (27%)
- It allowed me to get my product research done faster (19%)
- I did not need to tie up my phone line to get my questions answered (17%)
Chat is not just for large companies – small and medium size businesses are reaping benefits from this interaction channel as well. By simply placing a ‘Chat Now’ button on web pages customers frequently visit, companies can provide immediate assistance before, during, and following the buying process.