Moxie Software Unveils Free Desktop Sync Functionality for its Spaces by Moxie Suite
Customers to Further Benefit from Enterprise Social Technology by Gaining Real-time Synchronization with the Desktop
SUNNYVALE,Calif. June 19, 2012 – Moxie Software, Inc., the leading provider of customer-centric enterprise social software, today announced its Desktop Sync functionality for the Spaces by Moxie™ suite, which brings the power of collaboration to the user’s desktop. Desktop Sync is an integral component of Moxie’s Collaboration Spaces, and it is available for users at no additional cost.
“At Moxie we are obsessed with making our collaboration software second nature to the way people work by seamlessly embedding it to the desktop,” said Tom Kelly, CEO of Moxie Software. “Moxie Software is the first company to bring this powerful functionality to market, adding file sharing and cloud storage to our comprehensive enterprise social software, while maintaining all security norms. And the best part is that this functionality is absolutely free for our users. ”
Desktop Sync Capabilities
Moxie’s Desktop Sync includes the following functionality:
- File Sync – Users can add and update files on a Windows desktop and File Sync automatically adds them to the right location in Collaboration Spaces to easily share with colleagues. Updates are synchronized on both at the desktop and in Collaboration Spaces, ensuring users and their colleagues always have the latest file version. Users have the ability to:
- Synchronize folders and files from Collaboration Spaces to the desktop
- Add new folders and files to Collaboration Spaces to the desktop
- Maintain complete version history of documents in Collaboration Spaces
- Seamlessly share information with multiple users who might be part of a Group or Project and even have peer-to-peer sharing
- Outlook Sync – Outlook Sync is another component of Desktop Sync that transforms traditional email threads into social discussions in Collaboration Spaces. Users can create new discussion topics directly from Outlook, or start with an existing email and create a discussion around it. When sending or reading emails, users can also view any recent activities inside Collaboration Spaces of the email recipients, providing up-to-date social context. Users can:
- Transform emails in Outlook into dynamic social discussions
- Create new discussion topics directly from Outlook
- View social activity of email recipients
- Post status updates directly from Outlook
“One of the challenges of enterprise collaboration software is addressing the need to integrate it with other business applications to avoid being perceived as another thing for users to do,” said Esteban Kolsky, principal and founder of ThinkJar. “2012 will be about integrating social into the business movingbeyond the early adoption phase and into mainstream use of social platforms. Collaborative enterprises will implement technology that combines E2.0 (external) and SCRM (external) into a platform where employees, customers and partners meet to collaborate and purposefully co-create value.”
Desktop Sync will be available by August 15, 2012 with additional desktop functionality available later this year.
Enterprise 2.0, June 18-21- Boston
Moxie will be showcasing its Spaces by Moxie suite at booth #306 at theEnterprise 2.0 Conference, and it will be sponsoring the following activities:http://resources.moxiesoft.com/e2boston2012.html. A detailed agenda of the event is available here.
About Moxie Software, Inc.
Moxie Software provides the only customer-centric enterprise social software suite that enables companies and organizations to effectively connect employees, customers and partners to engage in business, share knowledge and collaborate. Spaces by Moxie is comprehensive solution that powers more than three billion social interactions per year for leading organizations in consumer services, financial, healthcare, high-tech and media and entertainment. Moxie Software’s customers are able to innovate faster, improve operational efficiencies and provide superior customer experiences. To learn more about Moxie Software, visit www.gomoxie.com.
# # #
Moxie Software, Spaces, Collaboration Spaces are trademarks of Moxie Software, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.