New Study Shows 62% of Shoppers Want to Chat with Brands on Mobile Devices to Ease Online Holiday Shopping
Moxie Unveils Mobile Chat Solution to Drive Sales and Engage Customers Across the Entire Digital Journey this Holiday Season
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 7 2014 – A new study commissioned by Moxie Software, Inc. reveals that 62% of survey participants expect live chat to be available on mobile devices, and 82% would use it. Moxie’s study surveyed more than 2,100 U.S. residents about their online and mobile shopping habits, and identified the rising trend of live online chat for sales and support assistance. Seventy-five percent of survey respondents stated that they would prefer to use live online chat versus calling to speak with an agent.
According to the study, consumers’ growing preference for online chat provides companies an opportunity to enhance the customer journey and increase customer satisfaction, specifically on mobile devices. Seventy-two percent of respondents reported they were satisfied or very satisfied with their customer support experience when shopping online, but the level of satisfaction increases to 92% when live chat is used on a mobile device.
Moxie Chat™ addresses the needs of customers across their online journey. The new product enhances the chat experience across all devices, delivering an optimized experience for mobile users. Moxie Chat integrates with multiple customer engagement channels, including Moxie Web Self Service™, Moxie Knowledge™ and Moxie Email™, allowing businesses to engage with customers on the right channel at the right time.
“Today, people have their mobile phones with them at all times and they are primarily using them to research information, message family and friends and engage with apps,” said Nikhil Govindaraj, VP of products, Moxie. “Moxie Chat provides consumers with the fast and simple experience that consumers demand. Our customers now have the ability to design the chat experience to align with their brands and execute specific campaigns that resonate with a growing base of mobile device users.”
New Mobile Chat Features
Mobile Chat supports mobile best practices across all desktops, tablets and smartphones. The key benefits of the new release, include:
Mobile Optimized Features for the Consumer
- Browse and Chat Simultaneously: mobile customers can chat without interrupting the browsing experience, which makes it easier to navigate a website while chatting;
- Message Waiting Alert: when browsing a website during a chat session, the customer is alerted to agent responses via a visual alert, enabling better conversations;
- Consistent Connection: customers are reconnected to their chat session if they need to answer a phone call or whenever cellular service is interrupted – for example, when a customer gets into an elevator;
- Geo Location Capabilities: with GPS-enabled devices, customers can share their exact locations while chatting to receive specific guidance; and
- File Sharing: consumers can share photos, videos or documents during a chat session for better communication.
Mobile Optimized Features for the Enterprise
- Personalized Engagement: agents have access to key information, including device information and webpages being viewed by consumers so they can deliver personalized experiences during chat sessions;
- Consistent Chat Offers: a tab-based chat offer allows a consistent place to find chat on websites.
- Productivity Tools: agents have access to a list of mobile-optimized, pre-prepared responses that facilitate interactions with consumers;
- Branded Experience: enterprises can easily align the chat interface with branding guidelines – including colors, fonts, etc.; and
- Mobile SDK: enterprises benefit from a mobile SDK for live chat, which integrates a native chat client into their iOS apps (android coming soon).
Pricing and Availability
Moxie’s new Mobile Chat is available immediately and it is priced per user, per month. Moxie’s Mobile Chat is an add-on feature to existing customers.
Additional insights from the Moxie study reveal interesting trends, including:
- Men Shop Often on Mobile Devices: twice as many men than women surveyed make daily purchases online and are making more weekly purchases as well;
- Millennial Men Are Active Online Shoppers: millennial men are becoming the new power shoppers, and those living in the Pacific region (California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Alaska) are among the most active online shoppers in the nation.
- Winning the Hearts of Mobile Holiday Shoppers with Superior Service and Live Chat: consumers who plan to make purchases on mobile devices this holiday season expect top-notch service and support. Sixty percent of consumers will abandon their online shopping carts and never make purchases from an online retailer again if they experience poor customer service.
To view more details about the survey, check out this infographic.
About the Survey
The Moxie 2014 Mobile Chat Shopping Experience Study provides insight into consumer’s online shopping journey by examining their online and mobile shopping habits and customer service experiences. Moxie used Survey Monkey to poll 2,164 consumers across the United States via an online survey between July 10 and July 12, 2014. The margin of error is +/- 1.99 percentage points.
Moxie is changing the way eCommerce is done. Moxie anticipates what customers want, connecting and engaging with them through the entire digital journey across devices. Through Moxie’s solutions, including Chat, Email, Knowledge, Social Media and Web Self-Service, companies have the ability to deliver the right engagement offer via the right channel to increase total customer value. More than 600 of the world’s leading brands in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, retail, and travel and hospitality rely on Moxie to build loyalty and drive customer conversion and revenue. To learn more, please visit www.gomoxie.com
# # #
Moxie, Moxie Software, Moxie Email, Moxie Knowledge and Moxie Chat are trademarks of Moxie Software, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.